Minnesota Department of Revenue is granting a 30-day Sales and Use Tax grace period if your business is affected by the recent Minnesota Executive Order 20-04.
The monthly Sales and Use Tax payment due on March 20, 2020 is now due on April 20, 2020. Businesses will still need to file their return by March 20, 2020.
These businesses are places of public accommodation including:
- Restaurants, food courts, cafes, coffeehouses, and other places of public accommodation offering food or beverage for on-premises consumption, excluding institutional or in-house food cafeterias that serve residents, employees, and clients of businesses, childcare facilities, hospitals, and long-term care facilities.
- Bars, taverns, brew pubs, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, tasting rooms, clubs, and other places of public accommodation offering alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption.
- Hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges offering their products for on premises consumption.
- Theaters, cinemas, indoor and outdoor performance venues, and museums.
- Gymnasiums, fitness centers, recreation centers, indoor sports facilities, indoor exercise facilities, exercise studios, and spas.
- Amusement parks, arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, indoor climbing facilities, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and other similar recreational or entertainment facilities.
- Country clubs, golf clubs, boating or yacht clubs, sports or athletic clubs, and dining clubs.
We are your CPAs with Solutions. Contact us with any questions.