Steve found his way into accounting in the late ‘80s and excelled quickly in his accounting career and soon became the leader of a local CPA firm’s tax practice. After serving in this role for 20 years, he joined Froehling Anderson in 2009. A partner within the firm’s Tax Services Department, Steve serves as a specialist on complex issues ranging from estate to partnership taxation.
Known for his taxation expertise, Steve is regularly sought after to lead seminars on current and complex tax law for professional associations and private vendors throughout the country.
For Steve, helping his clients and colleagues understand complex, technical tax and business issues is what it’s all about. Which probably has a lot to do with why he was named a ‘Super CPA’ by both Minnesota Law & Politics and Twin Cities Business Monthly. He is a recipient of the 2017 AICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award which honors highly rated instructors nationwide.
Outside of the office, Steve keeps his performance skills sharp by continuing to play the occasional trumpet gig. He says his favorite activities are music, biking, golf, and travel.
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, Bachelors of Science in Business, Accounting Emphasis
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Stock and Other Incentive Based Compensation
- Multi-State Taxation
- Representing taxpayers before various taxing authorities
- LLC Structuring and Operations
- Executive and Owner Compensation Planning and Facilitation
- Strategic Planning and Buy-sell Planning
- Estate and Trust Tax Planning and Compliance - For High Net Worth Individuals